A friend of mine suggested a chocolate chip cookie recipe she has recently tried! I have to admit, this will be the recipe I will use from now till forever! They were perfect. Moist, crunchy, soft, I don’t know the combination of everything was just beyond… I’m not a fresh cookie eater, so the older those cookies got, the more addicting they are.I will not reveal the amount I ate …
Recipe Yields exactly 24 cookies if you weight each cookie between 39 – 41 grams
* 2 cups + 2 tablespoons of sifted flour
* 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon of salt
* 12 tablespoons of melted cooled butter (around 170 grams)
* 1 cup of light packed brown sugar (you can use dark, but light will make your cookies look better)
* 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar
* 1 large egg + 1 large egg yolk
* 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
* 1 bag Hershey’s chocolate chip (you can use which ever you want, but that’s my favorite)
** Preheat your oven at 350 deg F or 177 deg C and place the oven rack in the middle.
** Whisk the flour, salt, and baking soda and set aside.
** In another bowl, beat the sugars, eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Add the dry ingredients over and beat until they are all fully incorporated. Add the bag of chocolate chips. Place the cookie dough in the fridge for 5 mins until it firms up.
** Line up a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Weight a piece of dough (39 – 41 grams) and roll into a small ball and press the top a bit. Align the cookies and add some more chocolate chips if you want.
** Bake cookies for 8 – 12 mins. The sides will become slightly golden. Do not over bake. When you remove from the oven, let them rest for 2 mins before you transfer them to a plate.
Ooh and yes I cannot go into a bookstore and not treat myself to a book; this time it was a lottery… 2 cook books