Cookies are an addiction. Any cookie, chocolate chip cookie, peanut butter cookies, red velvet cookies, so what if cookies came in with Nutella???? Addict much?? ;)
Fun, chewy, and oh so moist, that’s how I love my cookies. Baked at the right temperature and time, you can never go wrong! Let’s just say, no one will ever turn down a cookie :D
Chocolate Chip Nutella Cookies
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Nutella, divided*
- 2 and 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 177 ºC. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and beat on medium high speed until fluffy and light in color. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla on high speed until combined. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. Beat in 1/4 cup (74g) of Nutella until combined.
- Whisk the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. Add 1 cup (180g) of chocolate chips and mix on low for about 5-10 seconds until evenly disbursed. Turn the mixer off and add the remaining Nutella. Beat for 5-10 seconds so the Nutella streaks through the cookie dough and is not fully mixed. Dough will be a little crumbly, that is OK. Dough will be extremely crumbly if the remaining Nutella was mixed in too much.
- Scoop and roll balls of dough, about 1 Tablespoon of dough each, into balls. The warmth of your hands will help them come together. Bake the cookies for 10 minutes, until slightly golden brown around the edges. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. As the cookies cool, grab the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips. Gently press a few chocolate chips into the tops of the slightly warm cookies (this is for looks and optional, of course!) and finish each with a sprinkle with sea salt. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week
Reference: Sally’s Baking Addiction